Sunday, July 7, 2013

Month 1 {baby, bed bugs, free food, and cat naps}

 {1 month old}
Our first month was kind of a blur. It is an odd reality to go from being a family of 2 one day and a family of 3 the next. Becoming a parent truly is indescribable. When they handed me Miles for the first time I was blown away that he was mine. Most of my reactions I wrote in a previous post about Miles's birth story. It was a day I will never forget. Our first month included 5 days in the hospital, 3 weeks worth of free dinners, tons of visitors, a few sleepless nights here and here, and an apartment that had to be fumigated because of bed bugs. 


{MILEStones}
I look back on that first month as being surreal. Our little boy went from 9 lbs 15 oz at birthday to 12 lbs 6 oz. He went from being a little bobble head to starting to hold his head up. He was not a fan of taking baths. Possibly my favorite thing, ever, was seeing him learn how to smile. It would melt my heart in an instant. 

Also, we found out that we were accepted into Scottish Rite Hospital! Some people wait years to get into this hospital and we were so blessed to get the chance to go and seek their expertise. We needed all the help we could get. Not only were we first time parents, but also first time parents with a little boy diagnosed with Symbrachudactyly. More on that later. Here are a few highlights from our first month with our precious baby boy!





































No comments:

Post a Comment