Sunday, July 7, 2013

Let's start the blogging...

{Who we are}
My husband and I met at the University of Mary-Hardin Baylor. We were married October 4th, 2009 and welcomed our first child- a boy- Miles on March, 15, 2013. My husband works at a technology company and I am a Preteen Associate at Lake Pointe Church and on the side I am the owner of the Etsy shop "Chalkboard Hope".

{Why blog}
My husband was a journalism major in college. He has always used writing as an outlet. I've never been much of a writer, but hope to use this blog as a way to share our experiences with family, friends, and mostly for us to use as a way to record our memories as a family of three!

{Our son}
The name of our blog is "Filium nostrum Miles est" which translated from Latin means "Our son is a soldier". When my husband and I found out we were going to have a son we looked for a name that we liked but also had a strong meaning. What we didn't know then, was that our son would be born without a left hand leading him into a life that may cause some battles that we aren't used to. We have added our son's birth story (mine & my husbands point of view). It was by far one of the best days of my life (even with all of the surprises)! 

{Pictures from 3.15.13}

















No comments:

Post a Comment