Thursday, March 13, 2014

MILEStone: 1 year

To my baby Miles on his first birthday:

When I found out I was pregnant I was beyond excited. I couldn't wait to meet the child that God had picked to be ours. I couldn't wait to see you smile. To hear your laugh. To see you grow. You blew away all of my expectations. This past year I have learned how to love better because of you. People warned me the love for a child is like no other. It is a love that almost hurts- in a good way. You have showed me how I can love others better. To see each person, not as just another human, but as someone's son or daughter and above all to see them how God would see them.

My hope for you, as you grow, is that people see you for the joy that you radiate. I can't wait to see you grow up. To see your personality even more. To hear your thoughts and dreams. And to watch you chase after each one of them. Your dad and I will always be on your team- cheering you on.

Thank you for making me a mom. I know I will make mistakes every once in a while, but I hope you never doubt my love for you.

I'll love you forever,
Your mama

No comments:

Post a Comment